Built circa 1850s by Syms Covington, an early local settler and former assistant to renowned naturalist Charles Darwin, Covington’s was built as a general store and Inn, and subsequently used as a community meeting place, post office, police residence and courthouse, private residence, doctor's residence and surgery, and restaurant.
Rich in history and beautifully reminiscent of its original charm, you’ll love the feature stained glass throughout, bespoke original doors and fittings, dormer windows, stable and 150-year-old trees framing the property.
• Prominent location in Pambula’s main street hub
• Fully equipped commercial kitchen plus storeroom and walk-in cool room
• Recently re-wired, re-stumped and re-painted
• Character-filled dining rooms with ambient gas heating
• Bar/takeaway area
• Amenities downstairs including bathrooms and laundry
• 3x spacious rooms upstairs plus storeroom
• Park-like enclosed grounds with rotunda, alfresco dining area and garage
• Off-street customer carparking
• Commercially zoned with potential to add a bed’n’breakfast STCA
• Solar power
This is an exclusive opportunity to own one of Pambula’s most treasured properties. Contact Stephen for full details or to book your private inspection.